These are things students should be thinking about 


English Language Tests  

The UK Visas & Immigration website has a list of English language tests approved for immigration purposes. This is a process for students whose native language is not English. 
Individual Universities and Colleges might also have language requirements if English isn’t a student’s native language – these requirements may be part of a conditional offer to study. 
For any students who are worried about the level of English language required, many Universities and Colleges offer language courses before the beginning of the main course to help students get to the right level. Contact the University or College for more details. 


The visa required is a Tier 4 (General) visa to study in the UK 
You need to be 16 years old or over to apply 
You can apply if you have been offered a place on a course 
You must meet the English eligibility requirements 
You need to have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – depending on your circumstances 
Not from a country that is not in the European Economic Area(EEA) or Switzerland 

CAS Letter  

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies – a CAS Letter with a unique reference number will be provided by UCAS to complete your visa application. 

Maintenance Funds  

Proof of maintenance funds will be required for the visa application. This is for your course fees and living costs. 
These funds will be in the form of cash funds and shown in bank statements. 
The amount required will depend on the duration of the course and where your will be studying in the UK. 

Required Documents  

i) A copy of the passport/visa 
ii) Academic transcript 
iii) Certificate of English proficiency(if required) such as IELTS, SELT, TOEFL and PTE 
iv) Personal Statement 
v) Recommendation letters 
vi) CV (where applicable) 
vii) Research Proposal (for PG and Research Studies students) 


Overseas fees can range from £3,500 to about £18,000 per year. 
a) These are depending on the institution 
b) The level of the course 
c) The type of course offered 
The fee is likely to increase each year through the level of inflation. 

Course Content  

The courses in the UK Universities mostly are based on a modular structure. 
These may be fixed modules. 
Together with core modules, students can choose a selection of modules within the programme of study. 
University courses may be spent at the University or: 
A period of study abroad 
Exchange scheme with Universities abroad 
Exchange programme with partner Universities 
Work placements / experience 
Work placements integrated into the degree (sandwich courses) 

Please feel free to contact us 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings